Pages in category “Sights”
The following 9 pages are in this category, out of 9 total.
What is PUBG Red Dot Sight?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Red Dot Sight in detail
An open holographic sight that projects a red dot in the center of a glass or acrylic pane. It also speeds up the time it takes to aim down the sights by 20%. Compared to the holographic sight, the red dot sight has a less bulkier frame, although the reticle is somewhat blurrier. Nevertheless, the red dot sight is a good addition to any gun that can accept it as it has no major downsides over iron sights. The reticle’s brightness can be adjusted by rolling the mouse wheel up or down. And the dot can be change by using Zeroing Distance button (which default by Page Up and Page Down).
- The Red Dot Sight is based on the Sightmark Sure Shot reflex sight. When mounted on pistols, it takes on the appearance of a Trijicon RMR reflex sight.
- In PUBG Mobile, the Red Dot Sight was referred to as the Mira Red Dot Sight until the 0.6.0 update.
What is PUBG Holographic Sight?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Holographic Sight in detail
A reflex sight with a clear reticle, although the bulky frame can reduce some situational awareness compared to the red dot sight. Recommended for closer range fights. The reticle’s brightness can be adjusted by rolling the mouse wheel, and its color changed between either green or red with the zeroing keys.
As of PC Update #13, the holographic sight’s reticle is now the same size as a standing person at a 100m distance.
- The Holographic Sight is based on the EOTech Model 553 holographic sight.
- Contrary to its performance in-game, in reality the holographic sight is much less obtrusive due to the fact that the sight is meant to be used with both eyes open, with the dominant eye looking down the sight and the other eye focusing on the scene downrange.
What is PUBG Dot Sight (Crossbow Default)?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Dot Sight (Crossbow Default) in detail
- Adds a “dot” sight to your weapon.
What is PUBG 6x Scope?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 6x Scope in detail
The 6x scope is a rare world spawn, being the highest powered scope that the assault rifles and submachine guns can accept. The reticle also features a stadiametric rangefinder suitable for standing targets between 300 to 800 meters. This scope is very versatile due to its simple rangefinder and ability to zoom out to 3x magnification, as well as its compatibility with assault rifles and submachine guns, greatly extending the range at which opponents can be attacked at.
Because the 6x scope’s magnification sets the field of view to 13.33°, players using a default field of view value higher than 80° will technically get slightly more than 6x magnification power due to the greater difference in FOV values.
- The 6x scope is based on the ELCAN Specter DR 1.5-6x dual role scope, although in-game the scope can only zoom out to a minimum of 3x magnification for balancing purposes.
Scope reticle at maximum magnification.
What is PUBG 8x CQBSS Scope?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 8x CQBSS Scope in detail
This variable power scope is a must-have for anyone wishing to engage targets at long ranges. It is ideal for weapons with high muzzle velocities as compensation of gravity and bullet speed is not required as much compared to weapons with slower bullet velocities. Scope sway may be an issue at further ranges, therefore it is recommended to hold one’s breath before firing.
Due to its rarity and usefulness, this attachment should be taken whenever possible, although when not fixed to a weapon it does take up a fair amount of inventory space – as much as a gas can. During the later stages of a match, the 8x scope proves less useful due to the closer ranges that engagements typically occur at in both situations.
Because the 8x scope’s magnification sets the field of view to 10°, players using a default field of view value higher than 80° will technically get slightly more than 8x magnification power due to the greater difference in FOV values.
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all AR’s.
- The 8x CQBSS Scope is based on the Leupold Mark 8 1.1-8x24mm CQBSS M5B1 Front Focal scope.
What is PUBG 4x ACOG Scope?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 4x ACOG Scope in detail
The ACOG scope allows for the user to engage targets at medium to long ranges. With a built in rangefinder, and its 4x zoom, the ACOG scope is one of the most useful attachments a player can come across, as such it is highly recommended to take it, even if you do not have a weapon that can accept it.
It should be noted that while the name of this attachment would imply 4x magnification, because it magnifies the field of view down to 19° instead of 20°, this means that with the minimum field of view setting of 80°, the magnification power of this optic is actually closer to 4.21x.
- The ACOG Scope is based on the Trijicon TA31F 4×32 BAC ACOG scope.
- The reticle used in-game for 5.56mm rifles is identical in appearance to that used on the TA31F scope. Curiously it has self illumination down to the 700 meter point of impact line – a feature not present in any of the chevron-based reticle options for the 4×32 fiber optic-illuminated scopes.
- The reticle used for the 7.62mm assault rifles, Crossbow and Saiga-12K is based on that used in the TA50-C-400238 3×24 ACOG scope.
- Raw data for 4x ACOG Scope –
What is PUBG 2x Aimpoint Scope?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 2x Aimpoint Scope in detail
While this scope appears mediocre in regard to its zoom power and reticle, the reticle allows the user an improvised method of rangefinding – a standing person 100 meters away will fit perfectly between the top and bottom of the outer circle, and a standing person 200 meters away will fit between the center dot and the outer circle. At 300 meters, the width of a standing person will be obscured by the center dot.
Keeping this in mind, the gun can then be zeroed for whichever range the target is at to deal precision shots and as most engagements typically take place within 300 meters, the usefulness of this scope is often underestimated. You can use the mouse wheel to adjust the reticle’s brightness.
Because the 2x scope’s magnification sets the field of view to 40°, players using a default field of view value higher than 80° will technically get slightly more than 2x magnification power due to the greater difference in FOV values.
- The 2x Aimpoint Scope is based on the Aimpoint Comp M2 reflex sight, designated as the M68 Close Combat Optic by the United States military, although in reality, the Comp M2 is a non-magnifying sight.
What is PUBG 3x Scope?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 3x Scope in detail
The 3x scope represents a compromise between the 2x and 4x scopes. The reticle can be used as a rangefinder for targets between 100 meters out to 400 meters by using the shoulder width of a target and matching it up with the horizontal lines. The reticle brightness can also be adjusted to current lighting conditions.
Because the 3x scope’s magnification sets the field of view to 26.66°, players using a default field of view value higher than 80° will technically get slightly more than 3x magnification power due to the greater difference in FOV values.
- The 3x scope is based on the Vortex Spitfire 3X Prism Scope with the EBR-556B reticle. The test server version of this scope originally featured a larger red reticle identical in appearance to its real life counterpart, but was changed in the live version to a smaller green one in response to feedback for a clearer reticle.
The reticle as it appeared in the test server.
The reticle as it appears in the live version of the game.
What is PUBG 15x PM II Scope?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 15x PM II Scope in detail
This variable power scope can zoom in even further than the 8x CQBSS, allowing for extreme range sharpshooting, and thus is best used with weapons that have a high bullet velocity in order to reduce the need to compensate for both gravity and bullet travel time. As such, the Mini-14 works well since it has the fastest initial bullet speed of any gun in the game, surpassing even the powerful AWM, although the Mini 14’s bullets have more drag compared to the AWM. Due to its very strong zoom, scope sway is also drastically exaggerated, requiring the user to hold their breath before every shot if engaging targets at extreme distances. The strong zoom also necessitates keeping a spare lower power sight in the inventory for closer range encounters.
It should be noted that while the name of this attachment would imply 15x magnification, because it magnifies the field of view down to 6.67°, this means that with the minimum field of view setting of 80°, the magnification power of this optic is actually closer to 12x.
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all AR’s.
- The 15x PM II scope is modeled on the Schmidt & Bender 5-25×56 PM II/LP scope. In the early beta version of the game, the scope featured a Schmidt & Bender P3L reticle. Shortly before the introduction of variable power scopes, the reticle was changed to an unilluminated crosshair with mil dots, similar in appearance to the original P3L, but now with a stadiametric rangefinder towards the bottom. This was changed yet again, albeit only slightly – more mil dots were added, the rangefinder was raised slightly and distance numbers were added.
The original reticle of the PM II scope from the Early Access build.
The second reticle of the PM II scope, 1.0 build.