Sanhok Map sub categories
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category “Sanhok Map”
This category contains only the following page.
What is PUBG Sanhok?
Sanhok (Codename: Savage) is the 3rd playable map but the 4th map in total for BATTLEGROUNDS, Sanhok is a 4x4km island compared to other maps that are 8x8km. Sanhok is the first map where BATTLEGROUNDS implemented a dynamic circle. This dynamic circle sees how many players are alive then will calculate if the blue zone should move faster or slower throughout the match.
- The map started development in sometime in 2017 , then got revealed in March 2018 .
- Sanhok became available on June 22nd, 2018 for PC.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Sanhok in detail
Sanhok is the first map that the art team of PUBG Corp visited a location specifically for world art development. By physically being in the jungles and mountains in a humid Asian country, it not only made them imagine what the new map will play like, but they felt the breeze, smelled the air and heard the sounds. All of these experiences are helping the team create a unique map experience.
The map is inspired by a wide variety of islands in Thailand and the Philippines, the PUBG Art team; comprised of Technical Artists, Concept Artists and 3D Environment Artists, they took photos (Photogrammetry) to capture the island then transfer that to the game engine to design Sanhok .
- MMR based matchmaking is now active on Sanhok.
- Visual improvements have been made to Sanhok.
- Added cracked bells, mossy rubble piles, and a new cap on the central palace.
- Cliffs / Rocks
- Enhanced the look of cliffs and rocks mapwide.
- Certain settings have been customized specifically for Sanhok to better fit its unique design. Details are below.
- Faraway players and vehicles aren’t rendered the same way on Sanhok, resulting in some server performance improvements.
- Weather in Sanhok changes dynamically.
- Players can throw apples while waiting to board the plane in the in-game lobby.
- The redzone is smaller and shorter-lasting on Sanhok.
- The center of the redzone appears outside of the playzone (the white circle). This means players are more at risk when outside of the playzone.
- Bluezone on Sanhok has shorter waiting times and longer travel times.
- The bluezone is also dynamic. It checks remaining player numbers before deciding the next circle, adjusting the waiting time and travel time accordingly (this doesn’t affect circle size).
- Spawn Balance
- The item spawn rules have been customized on Sanhok to get you equipped for battle faster.
- ARs, SMGs, and DMRs are spawned more often. The total item spawn rate has been increased 5% compared to that found in the fourth round of Sanhok testing.
- 8x scopes and 15x scopes don’t spawn on Sanhok. However, they may still be obtained from care packages.
Sanhok is a map based within the Southeast Asia region.
- Q: Why did it take so long to build this map?
A: Building new maps is an enormous effort, usually takes 6 – 9 months building one from scratch.
- The name of the map was revealed by the Developers on May 7th 2018. 
- First, the Thai word for “fun:” สนุก (pronounced like “sah-nook”). Second, the Filipino (Tagalog) word for “chicken:” manok (pronounced like “mah-nok).” Combine the two and you get Codename: Savage’s new name; Sanhok (pronounced “sah-nok).”
- Na Kham
These are the vehicles that you can find on Sanhok.
- Tukshai N/ALand
- Motorcycle2 ••Land
- Scooter2 ••Land
- Buggy2 ••Land
- Rony4 ••••Land
- Van6 ••••••Land
- PG-1175 •••••Water
- Aquarail2 ••Water
- C-130100 •••••••••• (x10)Air
These are the weapons that you can find on Sanhok.
- Image Name
- AUG A3
- Beryl M762
- Karabiner 98 Kurz
- Micro UZI
- Mk14 EBR
- Mk47 Mutant
- Tommy Gun
- VSS Vintorez
- Winchester Model 1894
- June 13th, Interview with Brendan Greene (PLAYERUNKNOWN) & Taeseok Jang (Director of Production) – youtube.com
- June 25th, The Making of Sanhok – youtube.com
Announcement post (Codename: Savage)
WIP previews/concept art of Sanhok.
From ‘Year One’ anniversary video 
From ‘Year One’ anniversary video 
Announcement post (Codename: Savage) 
- Seoul (KR)
- Madison (USA)
- Thailand / Philippines
- Jungle / Rain forest
- Grass, Woodland, Urban
- PC, Xbox One & Mobile
- CQC (Close Quarters Combat)
- A lush Asian jungle