Pan/Pan of Judgement
What is PUBG Pan?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Pan in detail
A cast-iron pan purposely built for cooking up hate for your enemies.
In game the pan is capable of killing an unarmored opponent in two hits on the body or one hit to the head. The pan will also block bullets fired at players while equipped and while unequipped, allowing it to act as a small shield. It blocks shots from all ranged weapons in the game, including shotguns and the AWM. For these reasons it is regarded as the best melee weapon in the game.
- “ Not for cooking. ”
- ~ In-game description
- Reduced the Frying Pan damage by 40%.
- Decreased the spawn chance for frying pans.
- The pan used to do over 100+ damage back in the Pre-Alpha – Alpha. Meaning if a player had all level 3 armor, they would have been instant killed upon being hit by the pan. This was later on changed back in November of 2016 from the Alpha 2 (3rd weekend)  and Bluehole reduced the Frying Pan’s damage by 40%, and the community was upset by it.
- Due to a games code for the Pan; Greene wanted the Pan to have collision so that whenever you came across rare moment of hitting a grenade as it is being thrown at you, you have the ability to hit it away from you with your Pan. It wasn’t meant to block bullets. Still to this day, PLAYERUNKNOWN kept in the code for the Pan so it now can block/ricochet bullets.
- The Pan was originally was suppose to be a reference to the Battle Royale movie, but “someone on the team said: you know the frying pan isn’t in the f*cking movie?” and Greene stated “I was like, really?!” Greene thought the Pan was in the Battle Royale movies, it wasn’t .
- Allthough a frying pan is not given in the Battle Royale movie as a weapon. Shuya did receive a saucepan lid or pot lid for a weapon.
- In the Chinese mobile version of the game, it was told as a “Level 4 Vest” in the description.
Names that players go by in-game.
- Level 4 Armor
- Thor’s Pan
- Tactical Pan
- Audio Type Track preview
- Pan headshot
- Pan deflecting bullet