What is PUBG M16A4?
Note: Statistics pulled from http://battlegrounds.party/weapons/raw/
The M16A4 is an assault rifle type weapon in BATTLEGROUNDS. Replacing the US military’s M14 as its standard service rifle, the first M16s were introduced in 1964 during the Vietnam War where they quickly grew an infamous reputation for reliablity problems, amongst other issues. Feedback from battlefield experience was then used to refine and improve the gun over the years and as a result, many derivatives and variants of the M16 have been created, with the fourth generation M16A4 being the latest development. Widely adopted by militaries around the world, in BATTLEGROUNDS it proves to be an assault rifle more suited for longer range engagements.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds M16A4 in detail
The M16A4 can select between single fire or burst fire mode, which fires off a burst of three rounds. Much like the AKM, it can only accept muzzle, magazine and sight mods. Despite the lack of attachments, it is a very stable weapon with minimal recoil and as such excels at ranged combat, particularly since it has one of the fastest bullet velocities in the game, reducing the need to compensate for gravity and bullet travel time, making this weapon ideal for close to medium-long range combat. Burst mode can be devastating in close quarters combat as the delay between bursts is exactly the same as its delay between individual shots, allowing it to have the fastest rate of fire of all the assault rifles.
Compared to the other 5.56mm rifles, the M16A4 has relatively low recoil and in the hands of a skilled operator, its burst mode allows it to potentially have the fastest fire rate of any assault rifle, however this is countered by the fact that the recoil occasionally jumps sideways, making it slightly harder to use. The M16A4 can only accept sights up to the 6x Scope, limiting its use as a long-range sharpshooting rifle.
The M16A4 will deal maximum damage out to 50 meters, after which damage begins to decrease to its minimum value at 390 meters.
- “ Burstfire assault rifle. ”
- ~ In-game description
- First shot from the M16A4 now has less recoil.
- Rebalanced AR’s so none is the “objective” best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all AR’s.
- Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4.
- Increased reload time by 30% for the M16A4.
- Decreased recoil recovery rate.
- Added new recoil animations.
- Modified recoil for the M16A4.
The following are attachable to this firearm:
The following are all attachments available for this weapon. They are sorted alphabetically with no regard to the attachment point utilized.
- Image Name
- 2x Aimpoint Scope
- 3x Scope
- 4x ACOG Scope
- 6x Scope
- Compensator for AR, S12K
- Extended Mag for AR, S12K
- Extended QuickDraw Mag for AR, S12K
- Flash Hider for AR, S12K
- Holographic Sight
- QuickDraw Mag for AR, S12K
- Red Dot Sight
- Suppressor for AR, S12K
- The M16A4 is based on the real weapon of the same name.
- Prior to the 1.0 update, the M16A4 could accept 8x and 15x scopes. Post-1.0 update it could only accept up to the 4x ACOG Scope for balancing purposes, and as of update 12 the M16A4 can now accept up to the 6x Scope, as with all the other assault rifles.
Inventory tooltip, alpha version of the game.
Inventory tooltip, beta version of the game.
- Audio Type Firing Mode Track preview
- Normal M16 single fire
- Normal M16 burst-fire
- Suppressed M16 single fire
- Suppressed M16 burst-fire
- Reloading M16 reload (Rain)
- Reloading w/ Extended QuickDraw M16 reload
- 5/2/18 (Version: 184.108.40.206)
- 900 m/s
- 100 – 500
- Single, burst
- 0 – 3.2
- 0.05 – 7
- Camera DOF
- 150 ms
- 500 ms
- Assault Rifle
- Semi-auto & Burst
- Burstfire assault rifle.
- Body Damage (10 meters)
- Headshot Damage (10 meters)