What is PUBG Groza?
Note: Statistics pulled from http://battlegrounds.party/weapons/raw/
The OTs-14 Groza (simply called Groza in-game) is an assault rifle type weapon in BATTLEGROUNDS. It can only be found in Air Drops. Essentially a bullpup AKM, its name translates to Thunderstorm or Terror and for good reason – combining the raw stopping power of 7.62mm ammo with a blistering rate of fire only found in the smaller caliber assault rifles.
This weapon was introduced in the June 2017 monthly update.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Groza in detail
The Groza is a bullpup assault rifle that will spawn in air drop crates. Dealing the same damage as the AKM and boasting the second-highest rate of fire of all assault rifles, only bested by the M16A4, it can turn the tables around for whoever is lucky enough to get their hands on this rare weapon, particularly in the final stages of the match.
While this weapon could be deemed overpowered, it has one major drawback: an abysmal reload time of 3 seconds when performing a dry reload. It is therefore advised to not empty the entire magazine, however its rate of fire in a firefight may make this rather difficult, so the next best option would be checking that the area around is secure enough to warrant a fresh magazine in the gun. Quickdraw magazines can also help mitigate the long reload time. Other drawbacks are its inability to accept foregrips of any kind, or any telescopic sights stronger than a 6x scope, reinforcing its use as a close-quarters weapon. Backing this up is the fact that the only muzzle attachment it can take is a suppressor.
These flaws only serve to represent the power of the Groza, and it is therefore advised to prioritise players using this weapon, especially when there are less than 10 players alive. The long reload time can be seen as an opportunity to move in for the kill, provided that the target doesn’t have a backup weapon such as a Saiga-12K.
The Groza will deal maximum damage out to 80 meters, decreasing to its minimum at 490 meters.
- “ A selective fire Russian bullpup assault rifle chambered for a 7.62mm round. ”
- ~ In-game description
- Rebalanced AR’s so none is the “objective” best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all AR’s.
- Decreased recoil recovery rate.
- Added new recoil animations.
The following are attachable to this firearm:
- Image Name
- Suppressor for AR, S12K
The following are all attachments available for this weapon. They are sorted alphabetically with no regard to the attachment point utilized.
- Image Name
- 2x Aimpoint Scope
- 3x Scope
- 4x ACOG Scope
- 6x Scope
- Extended Mag for AR, S12K
- Extended QuickDraw Mag for AR, S12K
- Holographic Sight
- QuickDraw Mag for AR, S12K
- Red Dot Sight
- Suppressor for AR, S12K
- The Groza as depicted in the game is one of the variants of the OTs-14-1A, as evidenced by its chambering in 7.62mm ammunition. Depending on which attachments the gun currently has, it is either the 01 or 03 variant. In its unmodified state, it appears as an OTs-14-1A-01 as indicated by the foregrip. Attaching a suppressor turns it into an OTs-14-1A-03.
Still image from the E3 2017 announcement.
Inventory tooltip, beta version of the game.
- Audio Type Firing Mode Track preview
- Pronunciation N/A
- Normal Groza single fire
- Normal Groza full-auto
- Suppressed Groza single fire
- Suppressed Groza full-auto
- Reloading Groza reload
- OTs-14 Groza
- 5/2/18 (Version: 220.127.116.11)
- 715 m/s
- 100 – 300
- Single, Auto
- 0 – 3.50
- 0 – 300
- 0.05 – 8
- – 0.65
- Camera DOF
- 150 ms
- 400 ms
- Assault Rifle
- A selective fire Russian bullpup assault rifle chambered for a 7.62mm round.
- Body Damage (10 meters)
- Headshot Damage (10 meters)