What is PUBG Frag Grenade?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Frag Grenade in detail
A Frag Grenade, colloquial for Fragmentation Grenade, is any grenade designed to use an explosive charge to fragment the outer shell of the grenade in a shaped or radial pattern. This fragmentation results in shrapnel, which spreads out in a pattern, causing severe damage to enemies within range, often killing them through massive internal damage or through pressure and shock when the grenade explodes in a closed space
While pressing and instantly releasing is the most secure way to throw a frag grenade in PUBG, holding it for about 3 seconds after pulling the pin will make reacting to the grenade much harder for your enemies.
Grenade will explode 5 seconds after ready delay.
- “ Fire in the hole. ”
- ~ In-game description
- Cooking is not automatic but can be done manually by pressing the R key (Or if on Xbox One).
- Grenades take character velocity into account.
- Running/jumping will affect distance of the throw.
- You can run while throwing grenades, but not sprint.
- You may holster grenades by switching to another weapon or unarmed state unless the grenades have already been cooked.
- Use the right mouse button to change between a throw or a roll (Or if on Xbox One).
- Increased frag grenade damage and effective range.
- Frags previously had to be within 2.6m of player models to deal lethal damage. They now deal lethal damage within 3.5m, moderate damage from 3.5m through 8.5m and low damage from 8.5m through 10m.
- Increased weight from 12 to 18.
- Increased explosion damage and added new hit effects and animations.
- Previously, grenade damage was greatly dependent on fall damage (from the grenade’s knockback effect) rather than explosion. We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters, and have adjusted it so that only explosion damage is applied when you’re struck by a grenade.
- Frag Grenade
- 150 ms
- 1,000 ms
- Fire in the hole.
- Body Damage (10 meters)