Erangel/AI (Map Section)
What is PUBG Erangel?
Erangel is the main playable map (and first map) of BATTLEGROUNDS, Erangel is a 8x8km island.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Erangel in detail
The Erangel map is the base map for the game. It’s pocked with small croppings of buildings, each with a good distance between them, necessitating the use of vehicles to move between areas. As the game continues, the map area will be restricted to a smaller and smaller play area. A red circle will result in bombing. Along side of adapting to red zones and the circle, Erangel has different weather each time you play in which you have to adapt your shooting, visibility and tactics.
In order to make your best use of this map, you really need to be aware of where the players often congregate. Any groupings of three or more buildings can be a huge choke point where a lot of players are at, meaning you could die really fast. When clearing areas, make sure you approach in prone and without openly firing – this will help hide your location.
Additionally, take your time clearing buildings. It’s much easier to move through buildings one room at a time, clearing each, than it is to run through trying to get everything as fast as you can with the hope of not wiping. Remember – it’s better to get poor gear and live than it is to get great gear and die immediately.
The name Erangel was chosen because PLAYERUNKNOWN’s daughter is called Eryn.
- Dynamic weather has been added to Erangel.
- Erangel: Overcast
- Overcast setting includes dynamic weather, and includes rain, fog, etc. during the game.
- Erangel: Overcast
- Erangel has received some improvements.
- Small clusters of houses have been added to some areas of Erangel.
- More tactical landscapes have been added near the river.
- Added trees in the open area surrounding the Sosnovka Military Base.
- Removed the glass from all windows with bars on Erangel.
- Reduced burden on GPU by optimizing buildings in Erangel.
- Removed rainy and foggy weather from Erangel.
- Decreased the starting island item spawn levels in order to adjust the item balance on the northeast side of Erangel.
Erangel is a fictional island in the black sea abandoned near Russia where a military occupation was controlling it. The military occupation tested chemical/biological experiments on the islands population. After a resistance attack on a biological facility, the island had to be abandoned.
Erangel was originally occupied by Soviet forces from the 1950’s onwards and was used as a military testing facility, which explains the military base as well as the hospital and storage facilities. A local resistance movement fought to reclaim the island which eventually lead to the island becoming abandoned. The electrical field that you see wreaking havoc on the island is powered by electrical emitters which were used to contain towns that were showing signs of revolting against the Soviet forces.
Q: Will Bluehole ever go back and polish up the map after Early Access? | A: Yes, after 1 or 2 years they will go back and polish it.
Graphical map –
These are the vehicles that you can find on Erangel.
- Buggy2 ••Land
- UAZ (Open Top)4 ••••Land
- UAZ (Closed Top)4 ••••Land
- Motorcycle (w/ sidecar)3 •••Land
- Motorcycle2 ••Land
- Dacia 13004 ••••Land
- PG-1175 •••••Water
- Aquarail2 ••Water
- C-130100 •••••••••• (x10)Air
These are the weapons that you can find on Erangel.
- Image Name
- AUG A3
- [[File:|52px]] Ballistic shield
- Beryl M762
- Flare gun
- Karabiner 98 Kurz
- Micro UZI
- Mini 14
- Mk14 EBR
- Mk47 Mutant
- Tommy Gun
- VSS Vintorez
PUBG Lite Vs. PUBG Mobile
Abandoned nuclear power plant
- Seoul (KR)
- Grass, Woodland, Urban, Sea
- PC, Xbox One & Mobile
- Medium/long range
- An abandoned Russia military island